Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Office

On day 4 of my new job, my prayers were answered. I am the proud new owner of a DOOR!!!! Because T has been asking me every day if I'd gotten an office, I took a few pics to share.


There are 4 offices in the building:
  • One for the Center Manager
  • One for the HR Manager
  • One for Me, and
  • One for taking Security Badge Pictures
All of them are labled "OFFICE".




Here is my desk - like most of the rest of the office, it was being used to store old training documents. I've been promised a phone and a PC .... possibly a laptop.

Here is the rest of the desk - I'll need to get an extra chair for guests, visiting AT&T trainers, or the prophet Elijah.


Did I mention that it's been a storage room?


Here is the view from the pile of junk - out the door - to the copier/printer. To the right, you can see the large window that looks out to the call center. This means that people can be looking at me whenever I'm facing the PC. It also means I probably can't be reading blogs all the time.


Here is the view looking out the window. You can see the open space used for meetings (that's what all the chairs are for) and the door to one of the training rooms to the right. The rest looks like every other call center in the world.




Next: Scenes From A Mall

5 comments:

shakedust said...

You have an office that was previously used for storage as well? At least it's a door. :)

Actually, I am impressed with the size of the office. You won't be getting clausterphobic.

T said...

Congrats on the office--complete with a door! :) btw, if Elijah shows up--send him my way, I'd like to ask him a few questions and get his take on how the church has evolved since his time! :)

GoldenSunrise said...

It looks like you have enough room to put up an inflatable bed for nap time!

Awesome office!

Achtung BB said...

That's an impressive office. Does it come with a view? I hope you own a paper shredder.

Portland wawa said...

Nice office. I hope you have settled in. My current job is the first office I've had!