Sunday, February 24, 2008

Scenes From a Mall







As some of you have already heard, My company's call center in Terre Haute is on the bottom floor of a shopping mall. Being able to work in a mall - and not be selling pretzels, sunglasses, or lady's shoes is a good thing.




Here are a few places in the mall that make my life easy:






#1. The Hallmark Store


This 2/14 was - by far - the least stressfull ever. I probably shouldn't have admitted to T that there are rows and rows of sweetly written greeting right upstairs from me. But since she already knows .... you get to see a pic. (I recommend the aisle to the right - less Maya Angelou).





#2. The Library


Can you say books on CD? It's also a nice place to go when you want to listen to Lionel Richie ... not the elevator muzak .... but the man himself.




#3. The Asian Resturaunt


If you know me, you know that I love Chineese food! A really neat Korean family runs the place (I know it says mandarin on the sign). They have all the great American Chineese food - incuding a wonderfull General Tso's Chicken as well as Korean appetizers like sauteed Octopus. If I'm correctly interpreting some of the decorations - they are believers ... and they already know my name :-)


Alas, not everything in my mall is care free ....




So some dreams will never be.

8 comments:

shakedust said...

Is that the same mall that we met you and T at?

It would be very cool to have an office job in a mall. I didn't know that there were places that actually did that. Being right next to the public library would be nice too.

Dash said...

Nope - that was a different mall. This is "The Meadows" shopping center in North West Terre Haute. In talking with people in the area, it sounds like this was the first mall in the area ... the one we met at was the "Honey Creek" mall. It wasn't built until after the build up around the I-70 / HWY 40 interchange.

I forgot to mention that I also have a theatre upstairs ... too bad my breaks aren't 2hrs long :(

Achtung BB said...

I always wanted to know what it is like to work at a Hallmark. I can't imagine it's stressful. Maybe if your current job doesn't work out, you can go upstairs and apply. Just kidding.

GoldenSunrise said...

Talk about convenient. What an awesome environment to work near!

roamingwriter said...

When I worked at the Northland newspaper our offices were in the basement of Antioch Mall. It was very convenient. Too bad for me at the time I didn't have enough money to eat in the food court.

So glad you've got a job that suits you. Congrats!

Portland wawa said...

It sounds like your new job is smelling all roses. Congratulations! I am not sure I would want to work someplace I enjoy too much???

f o r r e s t said...

You might not be able to rollerskate, but it doesn't say anything about singing and dancing.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.