Wednesday, September 08, 2010

She Makes Me Look Good

T convinced me tonight that my blog needed a makeover. With that in mind, I invite you to have a look at the spiffy new background and the same old post from 2008. In fact even the 2008 post is primarily about an even older post and some rambling thoughts about my lack of posting ... some things never change.

Sometimes I'm a lot like this blog in that my "content" doesn't seem to change all that much. It's not that nothing has happened in my life over the last 2 years ... in fact there have been a lot of good stories and sad stories - but I seem to be the same. Maybe this happens to everyone as they slide head-long into 40, but I'm starting to see my experiences relative to geography and people rather than time and events. The danger in this, I expect is that one starts to see auniverse spinning around you rather than yourself on a journey through a universe.

This post is starting to sound like an existential Monty Python song ... so I should start to wind down before the cardboard animation starts up with something really confusing.

I mentioned earlier that my new blog-face is all T's doing. It's probably best to stay on track with that and point out that she makes me look good quite often and really is an unbelievably fantastic wife. That is after all why I married her and that, like my rather static life - never changes.

I've quasi-promised to start blogging again, so be forewarned. I'm not sure how any of this will get me a free coins in those Facebook games that seem to steal all my online time - but you are welcome to read and or comment here without any sort of real or imaginary reward. That's how it should be after all ...

5 comments:

T said...

I hope you do blog more, I miss your blogs.

shakedust said...

I just now noticed that you posted this!

I understand seeing your life geographically. Since I have not moved much in the last ten years I actually view the stages of my life less geographically than I used to though.

T said...

And still he hasn't posted again. :(

Unknown said...

Hey dash, let's play a game..."See who can blog the most!" You start....ready....go :)

T said...

I think you should blog again...just sayin'.