Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Singin' In the Boys Room

Singin' In the Boy's Room

So there I was - minding my own business; playing a game of Yachtzee behind door number 2. As I heard the door open I noticed that the guy walking in was humming rather intently and the tune seemed oddly familiar.
..
Then the humming got louder ... followed by some un-zipping and other sounds ... then he starts in with the "Do Deee Do De Dum, De Do Dum Dum Do Dee Do Dee". I was starting to remember where I had heard the tune when he breaks into a full voiced, "How great, is our God - sing With Me. how great is our God ....." as he heads for the sinks.


As I mentioned last week, we now have the new (way to sensitive) fancy "laser" flushing mechanisms. I didn't mean to - but a sudden sneeze hit me and I leaned forward a bit, causing a really loud flush that caught him about halfway through a rather off-key "GREEEAATTT". It was instantly silent in the bathroom. He walked very quickly to the door (forgetting to wash).

I don't even know who he was - but I doubt it was one of those "angels unaware" moments.

5 comments:

T said...

you should have sung with him! A dynamic duo it would be!

GoldenSunrise said...

Great bathroom story! I remember one time starting to sing in the restroom and then caught myself. When you think noone is in there, you start to act like you are at home. I sing all the time around the house.

f o r r e s t said...

funny story!

I find it polite when someone gives me the courtesy cough when I walk into a restroom. That cough informs me of their presence if the smell doesn't. Sometimes it may be a courtesy fart!

shakedust said...

Actually, the courtesy cough usually causes the courtesy fart.

Dash said...

... and please ... please .... don't forget the courtesy flush.