Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Journey

If you are like me, it's sometimes difficult to know how to navigate to all the blogs without backtracking. I usually end up clicking back to Dashboard Drummer between each blog and selecting the next link in my list. This seemed very inefficient today, so I took a little time to outline a link order you can use to visit each blog in one swoop. It goes a lil' somethin' like 'dis'......

Take a little ride and tap out a little ditty to whatever kind of music turns you into a DASHBOARD DRUMMER. Then stop and take a walk on the DIRT ROAD - be sure to watch where you step around the cows as you make your way your way to the little one room school house with the neat BLACK-BOARD.

Remember not to scratch your fingernails down the chalky handwriting as you look out the window at the GOLDEN SUNRISE that is setting across the waves of grain that are swaying along the dusty road that turns and runs OFF THE BRIDGE that collapsed years ago.

This is the sort of spot that a ROAMING WRITER would look for their whole life and then not have a thing to write with because some guy named DAR-something borrowed your last pen to write WHAT'S UP DOC on the bathroom wall in the last gas station.

Go back down the road until you come to the edges of A FORREST. Find a big stump to sit on while you decide how this journey should end. If springtime is in bloom and the VERNAL EQUINOX has blessed the world with a message, happiness may be found there. On the other hand, reading the rare German safety warning on your air rifle - under the heading ACHTUNG BB - might prove interesting. Whichever way you choose to go, it's a dead end.

6 comments:

T said...

And you thought we didn't think alike! That's the route I take everytime just about! When I am trying to be efficient anyway!

GREAT story!

f o r r e s t said...

THat is so cute and clever!

Although, I'm not too worried about effiency as I read.

Dash said...

... don't think that was "singin'". We had specially designed "privacy walls" that seperate the toliets instead of the normal stalls. They were just over waist height .. so if you didn't get your pants pulled up as you stood - there you were.

They told us it was so students disn't smoke. They still did - but we would watch them.

shakedust said...

Click!

shakedust said...

I usually just keep clicking back to my site and just go down the links there. That's just me, though.

Jadee said...

Well...that's what we have your site for, Dash! You have them all listed...LOL!

So after I read any comments I may have been blessed to receive for the day, then I click on T's...because I can't leave her till last.

BTW, do any of you ever start to post something and then get tired and don't finish it? That has happened to me twice this week. Maybe I will get creative sometime soon! :-)