Monday, September 12, 2005

Game Day

Very rarely - about once every 2 years, I get the opportunity to attend a Chiefs game at Arrowhead stadium. My seat was on the field level - row 32 (at about the 20 yard line). I was under the overhang of the club deck above, Relatively near the aisle, and NOT between two similarly sized fans.

The Game was fun to watch. I really enjoy getting to hear all the fan cheering, booing, and laughing. We boohooed at the ref's for missing a blatant off-sides from the Jet's defensive line. We cheered at each and every Kansas City ... "FIRST DOWN" while using the appropriate hand signals and chanting. We laughed when an ill-communicated play resulted in a pass that bounced off the helmet of the unsuspecting receiver.

The odd part about it is I'm not really a Football Fan. Let me clarify ... I enjoy watching a game from time to time (usually about 2 or 3 a season) and I cheer like the best of them when I'm at a game ... On the other hand - I don't know who most of the players are. I don't know who is ranked better than who. I'm not in any fantasy football leagues and until the other night, I only owned 1 football related item of clothing. If I have to pick between watching a Football Game or an afternoon Romantic comedy - I'll pick the movie every time.

So, why do I still go to the game when I get a chance? I think it's the shared excitement and yelling experience. This may be a bad thing since it would make me one of the Romans that thought Lion bating was a good idea.

8 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

any good tailgate parties? BBQ? : )

Dash said...

lol.

Saddly - no I was not able to participate in any tailgating or pst game parties. I did get some litle smokeys when I got home though

T said...

Little smokies Rock! Who was playing again!?

Jadee said...

Actually, after going to Evangel games...I really enjoy football. Haven't made it to a Rams game yet, but maybe I will date a guy that has season tickets...LOL! j/k

f o r r e s t said...

THe last chiefs game I went to was with you and BB and that was loads of fun. You had the plastic bag technique for keeping your feet warm.

shakedust said...

I'll have to try that plastic bag thing some time. The difference between swishing and squishing is significant.

Doc said...

I like watching the Chiefs but usually have several other things (laundry, lunch, cleaning, etc.) going on at the same time in order to be efficient and not waste a whole 3-4 hours. Most of the time I can't get the Chiefs on TV because I'm not where they are covered. KU basketball is even harder to come by. Still since I've got cable (ESPN) I can usually catch highlights - and next Sunday I think the Chiefs have the Sunday night game on ESPN! Looking forward to that.

f o r r e s t said...

Oh man. Is that game on ESPN? Sometimes it stinks not having cable TV.